Monday, November 9, 2009

The End of Paper and Plastic

I just recently realized that other people besides me forget their "eco-friendly" bags when they go grocery shopping. There is no way I'm going to buy new bags because I already have enough so I'm forced to use paper or plastic.

What if there was a loaning program on the honor system? Say I buy 300 bags and leave them on a shelf in the grocery store. If you forget your bags you can use my bags to take home.

Well they will forget those bags next time too? Well maybe, but eventually they will build up so many bags that they take home because they borrowed them, that they will feel obliged to return them.

Additionally, when you don't own the bags, but borrowed them, you will feel more obliged to return the bags, especially since they are for a good cause - protecting the environment.

I was advised to only give to locals so you can insure responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment